HyperSmash Hues N Blues: Geek Chic Cosmetics: All the Rage and The Pointy End - Swatches & Review

Search This Blog

Monday 18 June 2012

Geek Chic Cosmetics: All the Rage and The Pointy End - Swatches & Review

Hi guys! I finally have a little bit of time on my hands to do some proper blog posts! Today I've got some swatches of eyeshadows from Geek Chic Cosmetics. I've never tried anything from them before, and I've been pleasantly surprised!

I ordered samples of All the Rage (from the 10 Man Raid collection) and The Pointy End (from the Win or Die collection). I had to try a Game of Thrones shadow! Here they are:

I swatched them over Too Faced Shadow Insurance.


All the Rage


 Sunlight.
Flash.

Geek Chic describes All the Rage as:

All the Rage is a soft brown with hints of green and blue highlights. It's a truly unique shade of brown you won't find anywhere else! Mixes well with blues, golds, and greens. Can be used wet for a pearly brown eyeliner.

To me, this looks a lot different to the swatch on their site. Rather than use it as a liner, I see it as an easy to wear, every day type of neutral, soft shadow to wear all over the lid. It's a warm, soft tan, with lots of shimmers of all different colours. Very pretty indeed, but I wouldn't describe it as unique.



The Pointy End



Geek Chic's description:

A taupe with a real edge to it, The Pointy End is your graduation from practice neutrals. Pearlescent and smooth as summer silk, with a sharp silver glint. The Pointy end makes for a lovely twist on a neutral smoky eye and can be used wet as an eyeliner.

This description is a lot closer for me. Their swatch on the site looks accurate too. It would make a great smoky eye look just paired with black eyeliner. Very beautiful shadow with lots of fine multi-coloured shimmer.


How the samples come:


Geek Chic samples come in clamshell type pods, which to me are preferable to baggies, but harder to use than mini jars. Some people may find them hard to open, and it's very easy to spill the product.



You get a fair amount of product in each clamshell. The shadows themselves are lovely quality, finely milled and apply smoothly.

Samples are currently priced at $1.25, and full size jars are $5.99 from Geek Chic Cosmetics.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, these are both absolutely gorgeous colors! I love neutrals with a bit of interest to them, and these both fit the bill! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love taupe shades as such :) The swatches are gorgeous!

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a company I'll need to try!!

    ReplyDelete