HyperSmash Hues N Blues: Shiro Cosmetics Kawaiishadow Collection

Search This Blog

Thursday 6 October 2011

Shiro Cosmetics Kawaiishadow Collection

Just a quick review and swatches of something I received recently today. A while ago I made my first order from Shiro Cosmetics, and part of that included the Kawaiishadow set of eyeshadows.

The shadows come as a collection of all five pastel shades of eyeshadows, wrapped beautifully, with a couple of Japanese sweets thrown in. You can see on the website how they are presented.They would definitely make a great present to someone, and you can tell a lot of thought and love went into the wrapping and design of the items.


The jars all have stickers on top with kawaii little faces on, which coordinate with the colour of the shadow inside. One thing I would say about the packaging is that because the stickers are paper rather than shiny plastic-y labels, they might get stained with products, or if you get them wet the ink may run.

Onto the swatches







They were swatched dry over Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Sorry about the goosebumps, I had to go into my cold bathroom to photograph!

The shadows themselves are nicely pigmented, especially for paler shades, which I often find to be more sheer. The pink one (Kawaii) doesn't look as good as the others, but I think that's just because it's quite close to my skin colour. The shimmer in them isn't too much, but makes sure they are easy to apply and blendable.

I think they would work really well as inner corner colours as part of a bright eyeshadow look and I can't wait to use them over Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk!

I think the main issue people might have with these is that you have to buy the full set off full-sized eyeshadows. The current price on the website is $28 for 5 2 gram jars of shadow, which is really good, but could put people off if they only want one, or just want to try them out. But overall I think this is a lovely product which is really well thought-out and professional.

I'll be posting more reviews/swatches of the other things I bought from Shiro soon hopefully so look out for that!

The Kawaiishadow Collection is available from http://www.shirocosmetics.com and is priced at $28.

4 comments:

  1. I totally forgot about this collection, thanks for the swatches and reminding me! These would make cool lid shades with bright or smokey creases. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FFS I keep removing comments by accident! Sorry! Stupid new Blogger... anyway yes I really like them, not had chance to use them in a look yet, can't wait to see what you guys come up with too :)

    ReplyDelete