HyperSmash Hues N Blues: Eyes of the Day - Smoky Blue

Search This Blog

Thursday 7 July 2011

Eyes of the Day - Smoky Blue

So it's late at night and I'm about to change my bedsheets. Naturally this seems like a good time to start playing with makeup. I thought I would try something which I normally shy away from, namely navy blue and blackened colours. I don't think they flatter me at all but I thought I would give it a go. Also this is the first time I've tried doing macro shots with a flash. I'm semi-happy with it but obviously the pictures aren't perfect!

I started with Urban Decay's 24/7 Liner in Binge, which is a navy blue. Over that I applied Barry M's Dazzle Dust in 98 which I believe is Petrol Black. Very pretty shadow. Then I dabbed a tiny bit of Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy and patted Fyrinnae Biker Chic over the top. I added a bit of silver and blue from the Sleek Acid Palette and a matte skin colour to highlight.



Products used:

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Binge - all over lid & lower lashline.
Barry M Dazzle Dust 98 Petrol Black
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Fyrinnae Biker Chic
Sleek Acid Palette (silver and lightest blue colours)
Asda George 4 Colour Eye Palette in 01 Chestnut (matte cream) - highlight

I do like this look, I love the sparkles and the contrast between the almost greasy lid and the matte highlight. However I'm still not sure it's for me. I think it would look beautiful on brown eyes though!

Hope you like it.

11 comments:

  1. That color is absolutely lovely on you! It's most def for you. Love the sheen to the colors too, totally fab.
    ~Shannon
    http://lipstickmakesthegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bleurgh I don't know if my comment went through, Blogger spazzed out. Anyway, I think this look is absolutely beautiful and I totally want to steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 'greasy' smokey eye thing. Lovely! I start playing with makeup at the most random times as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I play with makeup whenever I feel like it. xD Even odd hours of the night! xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I do the opposite, I wake up at like 8am and start doing makeup. I guess people would probably find that just as strange. I commend your adventures into dark and smokey territory, it's not the easiest look to make look nice but you managed to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I don't give my barry m or fyrinnae loose shadows enough love recently... clearly I should as great things can happen! This is very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these colours, looks great on you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look! I'm a huge fan of dark colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this look and I think I need some more Barry M. Dazzle Dusts. The Petrol Black looks great!

    ReplyDelete