HyperSmash Hues N Blues: Review: Look Beauty Double Hit Lip

Search This Blog

Saturday 18 February 2012

Review: Look Beauty Double Hit Lip

LOOK Magazine recently came out with a makeup line, which is available in Superdrug. I found these in the White Rose Centre branch, but have not seen them in any other shops so far. 

Here I have two of the shades, Red Alert (shade 4), and Berry Blast (shade 1).
This product caught my eye as it looked like something I haven't seen before. They are called the Double Hit Lip, which is a lipstick, with an identical coloured gloss at the other end of the tube. On the outside of the packaging it says:

All the trends covered - matte, glossy or everything at once!

I thought that sounded really interesting, but unfortunately, the lipstick's finish is not a true matte.


The lipsticks on their own. There is a bit of a sheen to them, and they have quite a balmy texture. Red Alert is on the left, Berry Blast on the right. To me Red Alert is not a red at all, but a bright, orangey coral. They are pretty well pigmented.

Here is both lipsticks with the glosses layered over the top.

The glosses on their own. The glosses are much sheerer.

So, my opinions. To be honest, I really don't like these. I would love to do lip swatches for you but my skin is quite bad at the moment, so hopefully I will add some later. I don't know what it is about them I don't like, but I find they apply on the lips weirdly and don't seem as pigmented as they look in the tube. However, the thing I dislike the most is the scent. Both the lipstick and the gloss are really strongly scented with a sickly sweet, artificial smell. So much so I have not worn either of these for longer than 5 minutes. If you happen to like the smell of them you may really enjoy them, but the smell is definitely not for everyone!

I hope you found this helpful!

3 comments:

  1. This is a nice idea for a product, too the formula isn't impressive! I am still curious to see them on, they look like really fun shades from the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's a shame they apply funny, the colours look nice and I like the matching gloss idea. Booo :(

    ReplyDelete