HyperSmash Hues N Blues: MAC Chocolate Brown Pigment: Possible Dupes?

Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 February 2012

MAC Chocolate Brown Pigment: Possible Dupes?

I know how popular the MAC Pigments are, and while they are a fantastic product, I believe there are many other companies that make loose eyeshadows of comparable quality, at a much lower price. MAC Pigments currently retail on their UK website for £16.50 for 4.5g/0.15oz of product. I thought I would look through my collection to see if I could find a dupe, or anything very similar, to Chocolate Brown Pigment, which is one of my favourites. It's great to find a cheaper alternative whenever possible I think!

I picked out the closest things to it I could possibly find, but it wasn't as easy as you might think!

From L-R: MAC Chocolate Brown Pigment, HiFi Cosmetics Yuletide Carols, Barry M Dazzle Dust in 53 Chocolate, Sue Moxley brown from Famous palette.


As you can tell, they are sort of similar, but nothing quite matches it. I thought I would've found several dupes for it as I have a lot of browns, but these are the closest to it, and side by side they do not look alike.

Yuletide Carols is more bronze-toned, perhaps a more yellowish brown. 

The Dazzle Dust has a much darker, blackened base, despite having a similar chocolatey brown shimmer. 

The Sue Moxley colour is much more taupey when swatched, with more grey tones. It also has a chunkier texture, with less pigment.

So, sorry I couldn't find a match for MAC Chocolate Brown for you, but I hope that helps you if you were looking at any of these as a possible dupe.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comparison! Isn't it funny how many variations in brown there are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it interesting how hard it is to find dupes of colors?! You have some great browns there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think I have dupes for such and such but they're always totally different :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always having a hard time to find dupes when I really want to. But hey, one can never get too much make up, right?
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, there are many other companies who make loose pigments for a better price that are still of good quality!

    ReplyDelete