HyperSmash Hues N Blues: Experiments: Cut-Crease Attempt #1

Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Experiments: Cut-Crease Attempt #1

Hello! I've been obsessing over makeup by Lauren aka queenofblending lately, and she is an expert in the cut crease look, so I wanted to see if I could do it myself! I've had a go using just simple colours and some glitter. Hopefully I will be able to do a modified version of this over the Christmas period, as I feel dragalicious makeup is totally appropriate for works do's, family gatherings and the like...






Aaand the obligatory blurry omg sparkly picture:



I'm actually really pleased with how this turned out. The lid looks a little dirty, so I would probably use a different colour other than white next time, and I'd use glitter which is closer to the eyeshadow colour. Cool as this one with reflects is, maybe its not perfect with this look.

I used:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero
Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
Sugarpill Tako
Sleek black from Curacao palette
Silvery/grey colour and dark grey from cheapo Claire's palette
White/green duochrome colour from Sue Moxley palette
No-name glitter eyeliner (as a base)
MAC Glitter Reflects Blue
Smashbox liquid eyeliner pen
Covergirl Lashblast

Hope you like it!

8 comments:

  1. I like this! I've been wanting to try a cut crease look and I think you've pushed me try one, I love the glitter on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful V :) I love it! especially how the line is harsh on the inside but then it suddenly blends outwards into your skin

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh reflects blue is very pretty. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, amazing crease! and that glitter looked so interesting because at first I thought you'd put on clear lipgloss to really get a crease, but then it turned out to be glitter! awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a great job! I can't do cut creases to save my life, so I just stay away from them >__<

    ReplyDelete